Welcome to Mt. Shasta
Northern California's Most Desirable Live, Work, and Play Community!
Sunday, February 7th, 2016
Our mission is to maintain the character of our "small town" community while striking an appropriate balance between economic development and preservation of our quality of life. We help create a dynamic and vital City by providing quality, cost-effective municipal services and by forming partnerships with residents and organizations in the constant pursuit of excellence.
Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway
One of just 27 All American Roads in the United States, the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway connects Lassen Volcanic National Park in Northern California and Crater Lake National Park in Southern Oregon. The City's Roseburg property development plans include the proposed future site of the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway Discovery Center.
Visit Mt. Shasta, California
The Mount Shasta region is one of Northern California's fastest growing locations for destination vacationing—from luxury resort retreats to wilderness camping. Nature lovers, extreme sports enthusiasts, family vacationers and retirees, can all enjoy the vast recreational opportunities our region has to offer.
- NEW! Public Notice - Beautification Committee Regularly Scheduled Meeting on Wednesday February 10, 2016.
- NEW! Public Hearing for a zone amendment adding Chapter 18.81 Medical Marijuana and Cultivation regulations to the Mt Shasta Municipal Code.
- NEW! Public Hearing for a zone amendment to Chapter 2.12 Planning Commission, Section 2.12.020 Appointment of members Terms to the Mt Shasta Municipal Code.
- NEW! Request for Qualifications: General City Engineering Services.
- NEW! Public Hearing for the Notice of Availability of an Initial Study and Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration State-Mandated Wastewater Treatment and Outfall Improvement Project scheduled for February 8, 2016 is canceled.
- NEW! Notice of Availability of an Initial Study and Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration State-Mandated Wastewater Treatment and Outfall Improvement Project
- NEW! Mt. Shasta Active Transportation Committee regularly scheduled meeting on Friday, January 15, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. has been cancelled.
- NEW! Public Hearing, January 19, 2016: Zone amendment adding Chapter 18.81 Medical Marijuana and Cultivation regulations to the Mt Shasta Municipal Code.
- NEW! Public Hearing, January 19, 2016: Zone amendment to Chapter 2.12 Planning Commission, Section 2.12.020 Appointment of members -Terms to the Mt Shasta Municipal Code.
- NEW! Garbage pick up during the holidays - 2015
- Parking During Snow Days in the City - Winter 2015/2016 (11-23-2015)
- Pay your utility bill online!
- Beautificiation Committee meetings cancelled for December and January
- Notice of Availability and Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the State-Mandated Wastewater Treatment and Outfall Improvement Project, Siskiyou County, CA
- Update on Trash Collection
- Update to Recycling Collection
- Water Meter Frequently Asked Questions
- Water Meter Opt-Out Program, Application and Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Water Conservation.
- Water Use Reduction Program
- The Law and You: What You Want to Know About Your Business and Citizen Rights
Community Notification Enrollment
- Updated November 2015: Current Commission/Committee Vacancies — interested parties, please call 926-7510, or stop by Mt. Shasta City Hall. View the Application for Appointment to Commissions & Committees Form.
- City Firefighter
- Anyone interested in volunteering to help the Beautification Committee with projects or workdays may contact Committee Member Paul Boerger @ (530) 926-0304. Visit the Beautification Committee on Facebook!
Mark Your Calendar
- City Council meetings are held at the Mt. Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street, on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, 5:30 pm.
- Planning Commission meetings are held at the Mt. Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street, on the third Tuesday of each month, 6:00 pm.
City Council and Planning Commission meetings are re-broadcast on MCTV15 and on our online stream at SiskiyouMediaCouncil.org, as follows: 7 am Thursdays, 10 pm Fridays, and 1 pm Saturdays. In addition, previous month's meetings are available for a limited time via Video on Demand. The City is responsible for live broadcast during the meetings. Audio-only recordings are also available: listen to the most recent Council Meeting.
Living Smart in Bear Country
With the coming of spring, so too comes the migration of black bears. Each spring the bears migrate back through our community to their summer grounds. The incidence of bears frequenting Mt. Shasta City neighborhoods is increasing. The following document provides information on the type of bear in our area and how you can prevent them from visiting your property for an extended length of time. Download black bear guide.
- Frequently Requested Telephone Numbers
- Mt. Shasta Chamber of Commerce
- Mt Shasta Recreation & Parks
- Mt Shasta Visitor's Bureau
- Mt. Shasta Sisson Museum
- Mt. Shasta Trail Association
- Siskiyou County
- Mt. Shasta Elementary School
- Sisson Middle School
- Mt. Shasta High School
- Local area newspapers: Mt. Shasta Herald and Siskiyou Daily News
- Mountain Community Television Channel 15
- Low Income Housing Resources
- Home Weatherization Program, Great Northern Corporation
- Black Butte Transfer Station (Dump) and John Smith Sanitation
Recycle for a Better Tomorrow
How may we help you?
Please Contact Us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.